Seeing the top ten poisonous foods, do you dare to eat them?
We eat toxin-containing foods every day, and we don’t have to worry about most of the time, because the mass production of fruits and vegetables often ensures our safety.
But from time to time, some people accidentally die because they accidentally eat a part of a plant that should not be eaten.
To make sure this doesn’t happen to you, I must list some of the most common toxic substances in the kitchen.
Tomatoes Despite their popularity in many countries, they are indeed poisonous.
Although the flesh itself does not contain toxins, its stems and leaves are full of a chemical called a glycoalkaloid.
The content of this substance is higher in wild tomatoes, but artificially grown tomatoes still have some impact.
This kind of thing can cause stomach dysfunction and nervousness.
Stems and leaves can be used for cooking condiments, but must be removed before consumption.
The effect of this chemical is great, in fact, it is often repelled.
Tip: In 1893, in the United States Supreme Court Nix v.
In the Hedden case, the focus of the revolution was to define whether the tomato was a vegetable or a fruit, because it involved the consequences of targeting vegetables instead of fruits.
In the end, the court ruled that under tax law, tomato is a vegetable and, from a botanical perspective, it is a fruit.
Wherever apples go, apples are definitely a popular fruit.
Similar to other foods on this form, apples also contain cyanide, but the content is not high.
No toxic chemicals are excluded from the pulp, but cyanide is found in the apple core.
Eating an apple core whole will not kill you, but it is definitely bad for your health.
Of course, if you eat too many apple cores (unless you are chewing and swallowing), there may be complications.
Tip: Apples can float on the surface because 25% of their volume is air.
Cherries Cherry is definitely one of the most eaten fruits. It can be eaten raw, cooked, roasted, and made into jam or candy. Cherries can even be eaten with some wine.
Despite the many benefits, cherries are poisonous.
If you bite the nucleus without thinking while eating a cherry and leave it in your mouth without spitting out, you will probably swallow the hydrogen.
Once the cherry core is chewed or bitten, he automatically produces hydrocyanic acid.
Symptoms of mild poisoning include headache, dizziness, confusion, fear of palpitation, and vomiting.
Large amounts of hydrogen free radicals can cause difficulty breathing, high blood pressure, fast heart beats, and kidney failure.
Other reactions include coma, convulsions, and most severely, death from respiratory failure.
Tip: Cherries make a lot of melatonin, which can help maintain and regulate your body.
Almonds Most people think of almonds as a nut, but in fact it is a seed and is particularly popular in the culinary world.
Similar to cashew nuts, almonds are highly toxic if they are not heated in some form. The bitter almonds that eliminate toxicity are mainly cyanide compounds. In many countries, it is illegal to sell almonds without processing to remove their toxins.Yes.
Tip: In the Bible’s Old Testament, almonds were one of the first foods grown by humans.
Potatoes We have heard stories about potatoes more or less.
Definitely the Irish Potato Famine, or other related historical events, are familiar, but you may not have heard that potatoes are also poisonous.
The stems and leaves of potato plants are poisonous, and even the potatoes themselves are poisonous.
If you look closely at potatoes, you may find that some potatoes are slightly green, which is caused by the toxicity of glycoalkaloids.
In the past, there have been deaths caused by potato toxicity. Although rare, most of them are caused by repeated potato leaf tea or eating green potatoes.
The fatal event was not sudden, and the enema was often weakened at first and then closed in a coma.
Don’t worry about the occasional green potato chips, but be sure to throw away the potatoes with green shoots or green skin. Don’t cook them again, and be careful not to give them to children.
Tip: Potatoes are good food for astronauts!
In fact, in 1995, the potato plant also grew while orbiting the Earth with the Columbia.
Red pepper You have eaten red pepper more or less in your life, no matter if it is particularly spicy or not very spicy, every red pepper you eat contains a chemical called capsaicin.
In red pepper, capsaicin is the originator of spicy flavor.
Of course, eating a red pepper is not a big problem, but if you eat too much to a certain amount, you may endanger your life.
This chemical is very powerful, and people use them as paint removers and even pepper sprays for police.
In very hot red peppers such as Hava, the capsaicin content is so amazing that if you cut the pepper, you will immediately feel a burning pain on your skin.
Tip: Red peppers contain vitamin C in particular, and the amount of vitamin C in a green pepper pod is six times that.
Although cashews are not nuts or even seeds, cashews have a shell-like structure and grow on fruits.
When you buy “raw cashews” in the store, be sure to buy steamed, not completely raw.
This is because raw cashew nuts contain urushiol, which is the same toxic chemical found in poison ivy, which can cause the body to react in the same way as poison ivy and poison oak.
Absorbing large amounts of paint phenol can be fatal.
Although cases of cashew poisoning are relatively rare, the workers who gave them shelling production sometimes have potential risks due to close contact.
Tip: Cashew nuts come from a fruit that is native to South American countries.
People used to throw away seeds (cashews) when they ate fruit.
There are about 5,000 types of mushrooms in the United States, of which about one hundred are said to be poisonous, and less than ten can kill.
In this way, mushrooms can still cause gastrointestinal upset.
Because the essence of mushrooms is flour and there are so many types, it is difficult to judge whether this kind of poison is poisonous or not.
From experience, we usually say that mushrooms growing in the wild are likely to be poisonous.
Fly agaricin is one of the most deadly mushroom toxins, which can cause severe kidney damage.
The toadstool we are talking about is also one of the poisonous mushrooms.
Tip: There are 38,000 known mushroom species, 5% of which are poisonous.
Puffer fish Puffer fish is the second most toxic disease in the world.
Although you can’t eat it in the United States, many Koreans and Japanese find some of this fish to be very tasty.
However, certain organs and certain livers are highly toxic and deadly.
The toxicology of this fish body is called tetrodotoxin, which can cause high blood pressure, muscle paralysis and other symptoms, and cause the poisoned person to die due to myofascial hemorrhage and respiratory arrest.
Many Asians still have difficulty rejecting the dangerous taste of puffer fish.
Tip: It is illegal for the Japanese emperor to eat puffer fish.
Although cassava (cassava) is not common in the United States, shrub-like cassava is widely distributed in the Caribbean and South America.
When using cassava as ingredients, it can be made sweet or bitter.
Its taste and odor both determine the amount of cyanogenic glycosides, which are highly toxic.
Most people who are willing to eat cassava like its bitter taste, because it can drive away insects and even animals.
If the preparations before eating cassava are not done well, it is likely that they will die after eating.
Because of the possibility of cyanide, the toxicity of cassava can lead to neurological palsy and also cause permanent paralysis.
Tips: Cassava root is similar to flour. After extraction, you can make cassava flour.
Cassava leaves contain cyanide, but if mashed with flour and left in the shade for five hours, cyanide will decompose.